Saturday, September 25, 2010

Post #1: page 84

Growing up, current events have always been a discussion topic in my household. As a result my family has played the biggest part in influencing my views on current events and politics as a whole. Although my family members are the ones who influence my views the most I believe, as I grow closer to being able to vote, I find myself also being influenced by my own experiences. I believe my own experiences are important because they shape my views and give me reasons to view current events and politics the way I do. My family, friends, and communities I am surrounded by have the greatest effect on my political attitudes. I think this is because I am often times surrounded by these people and am able to hear discussions about there views and beliefs. Hearing these views from people who are important in my life can influence how I view politics because I am more likely to want to agree rather then disagree with them.

Currently, some of the hot topics in the U.S. have been related to the environment, universal health care, and oursourcing. All of these topics are often in the news and I feel as though they are constantly a topic being discussed. Although, I think all of these topics are important and deserve to be discussed I believe I have the strongest personal opinion when it comes to outsourcing. The U.S. has currently become accustomed to outsourcing jobs to other countries, especially China and India. Outsourcing maybe a cheap alternative but what people don't think about is how it hurts small businesses in the U.S. I believe that in the long run outsourcing is weakening the U.S. economy and lowering it ability to compete with these other nations. How are we supposed to work towards a better economy when we are sending our money to different countries instead of supporting businesses in our own?

3 comments:

  1. I agree that outsourcing jobs is hurting the economy because if americans don't have jobs then our economy will not be good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree exactly what you said about outsourcing with small businesses. I think that small businesses in our own country are really hurting with us now outsourcing other businesses of different countries. I agree that in order to help our economy our main priority should be focused on the businesses of our own country even if that includes that small businesses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your insight on how we attain our political views. I also have acquired my own views about politics mostly from my family, yet as I grow up, I seem to be using my own experiences more and more to determine what I believe and why.

    ReplyDelete